Monday, August 30, 2010

NARRATIVE:

My Puppy, My Friend



        There are few moments within a person’s life that can be considered life defining. For many people a life defining moment can consist of a new person into their life, or a new idea or invention that came to mind. For me my life defining moments are not all the same. While I have great moments and simple moments, many are so incredible that I could not begin to describe. However there is one moment in particular that is describable and very “life defining”.

It was in the middle of sixth grade, my life was headed in a direction that was not suitable for a typical Christian teenager. I was slacking off in my work and my life was just not headed in the direction that is Christ honoring. I thought that it would take a miracle for me to get back on track.

Well it was a far cry from a miracle but it was a life defining moment none the less. I was about 13 and can still remember clearly the event and how it took place. I came home from school on the day of my birth with a long face and a heavy load on my shoulders. I’m not sure what was weighing me down, but I knew that something was dragging my spirit. Little did I know that it was all about to change, I walked through the door and entered my house to find my mom and my sister talking in the kitchen. I made it about half way to the couch when something attacked my leg. To my surprise it was a new puppy.

This puppy was no ordinary puppy it was a German short haired pointer. It had brown spots all over its white-hair body. Needless to say I was a bit surprised, but all in all I found this puppy to be a great stress relief, and I know I don’t have to tell you that a typical 13 year old has a ton of stress.

Throughout the years this little puppy has become a great object of my affection, He has helped me out of many ordeals by both friendship and as an “scapegoat”. I have always found that I can talk to him no matter what and He always listens. While it is true dog is man’s best friend.


2 comments:

  1. So nice of you dear, very caring person you are. Pets are always friendly to human beings. Get help in your academics with Essay Writing Library

    ReplyDelete